Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Artist's Statement

Art to me transcends boundaries and understanding as it implores the soul to shed inhibitions, identities and all those fake masks we hide behind. Art is raw, bold and clever which inspires as well as draws inspiration to become further more than what it is. Art to me is meditation emerging from thoughtless thoughts.

The art of mine attempts to capture the kaleidoscopic images of pain and pleasure witnessed from a state of euphoria and expressed from behind silent walls. It is a bold statement sans fear that I deliberate to make through my paintings till it reaches a character on its own and will speak for itself.

Trained in 3 schools of thoughts in art and in understanding the psyche, the work I do attempts to formulate a tryst between the two; many in the process of unlearning than learning.

Bottom line: Someone asked me “What is art?” and I asked her, "What is not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment